Friday 25 May 2012

Trickle Down Ignorance!


Just spent a Torturous Hour and a Half with a Sponsee trying to Persuade him to do his Step 4 and the reasons behind the Need to do it and also the Massave Benefits he can expect as a result of doing it. Needless to say there is not a 1% chance that it will be done anytime soon and all I got for my effort was a sort of Mantra which seemed to consist of "Iknow Iknow Iknow". I doubt that he knows but am 100% certain he will find out. I'm not Digging him out by the way he's a Good Man and is only doing exactly what I would do in his position. What we're trying to do is move to a position of Not Knowing a much Healthier State of Affairs for an Addict. For myself when I arrived in Recovery I knew everything...... what was Best for You, how the World needed to be Run, who where the Good People and who where the Assholes etc etc etc now I know next to nothing and have not even got much of a clue as to what is best for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment