Tuesday 3 July 2012

So Long, Marlboro!




My Buddy Sean Dissed the Mighty Leonard Cohen Last Night referring to him as a Miserable Whinging Bastard. One of my all time Heroes the Man who Wrote;

"I'm sentimental, if you know what I mean
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
And I'm neither left or right
I'm just staying home tonight,
getting lost in that hopeless little screen.
But I'm stubborn as those garbage bags
that Time cannot decay,
I'm junk but I'm still holding up
this little wild bouquet"

This Legend Compared to an AA Member who can’t Accept Life on Life’s Terms. What I hear when I Listen to Lenny is Songs of Resistance and Hope. Turns out that the Root of this Hideous Lack of Judgement Stems from a Resentment a Younger Sean picked up many years ago when Mr Cohen Cadged a Cigarette off him. Please Leonard return him his Dunhill [Sean still remembers the brand God help us all] so as I am spared at least this one Story from the Miserable Whinging Bastard!

No comments:

Post a Comment