Friday 30 March 2012

Let Me Through I Am An Alcoholic In Recovery!



Yesterday an Alcoholic misfit today gives advice to others on how to live. Don’t ring true does it? And by God it’s not! The problem is that the last thing to go in an Alkie is the Ego and it’s the first thing to return once sober, usually by express delivery. The posturing and opinions don’t bother me until their attention focuses on me and what they believe to be helpful advice begins. What I hear is best expressed as an equation.
1 Guru + Month x 6
Tells
 1 Unenlightened  + Month x 302
How they will be living when they are Month x 302 which can also be expressed as 26 years and a bit. Basically from what I have gleaned from their extensive knowledge on the subject is that I am misguided and do everything wrong and they will be on the ball by that stage and have transcended the Human condition.
It’s all Academic really as I already know where they’ll be in Month 302, 301, 300, 299 etc, etc, etc and that will be in a Pine Box or propping up a bar somewhere.
There is hope they could also have a complete Psychic change which will bring about an end to advice giving and maybe just maybe Month 302 can be spent with me in the Real World... of course by then I will be in month 598!

No comments:

Post a Comment