Saturday 28 January 2012

I See You Baby!



Went to the Doctors yesterday he had a student sit in on my appointment [at least I hope he was a student and not a rep for a Euthanasia clinic]. All is positive for me anyway and my Doc has me pencilled in for at least another 2 months Sick Leave/ Paid Holiday. I think I need to begin looking for an exit strategy now as I wouldn't want to end up like the Brits in Afghanistan [tits up in a ditch]. No that's not for me I've begun job hunting and am pondering going back to Uni to do an MA possibly in advanced work avoidance maybe take my knowledge on the road in a series of enlightening lectures. All bullshit aside I have got myself [with help from my job] into a rare old state and its going to take lots of AA [meetings, sponsor, programme and service] to get me thinking straight and I've begun [again] meditating daily. When the Head Gasket is blown meditation is the most practical tool in the armoury as when I can derail my perceived reality [my fears and insecurities] and get in the moment you quickly realise that the moment is all there is [past gone, future unwritten] and all is hunky dory. You can achieve this in 15mins or 15 secs [works just as well]. Though simple this is not easy as the ego don't want you to look as it don't want you to catch a glimpse of the reality that the job, status, gym, possessions, running around like a headless chicken and keeping up appearances all adds up to very little and you'd be happier and healthier just chillin' in the moment. Don't get me wrong I'm definitely delving into the bargain basement of enlightenment as if it's not simple, effective and fun i'm not doing it' Good example... my favourite ever bit of Spiritual Development came from one of the Barefoot Doctors early books and a very basic discipline called “Scoopin' The Loop” [please check this out]. It has many purposes to recharge the batteries and even better for when the partner is pecking a hole in your head and the kids are making you wish you had been born sterile just “Scoop The Loop” and this Psychic Attack will be vanquished [works a treat every time]!

No comments:

Post a Comment