Monday 23 April 2012

Silver Lining!


Still searching for answers here in Barnet so I’m going to crack on finishing the Step 4 I have begun so well. It’s a fact facing Exercise and my best chance of moving away from some pretty Entrenched Emotions. Yesterday I was looking at some Recovery Resources around Anger and could see myself in all of the Examples but particularly identified with these ones;

·         Impatience comes over me more often than I would like.
·         I nurture critical thoughts too easily.
·         Tension mounts within me as I tackle a difficult circumstance.
·         I can really struggle emotionally with things in life that are not fair.
·         I may sometimes blame others for my problems.
·         I have been known to speak too rudely or insensitively.
·         I can take an "I don't care attitude" toward the needs of others.
Massive Progress has been made in Relation to the first 5 Examples and I have become Acutely aware of ongoing Daily Examples of the last 2 Dragging My Life and those around me down to a lower level than any of us deserve. This is all Positive as nothing unaccepted can be changed and I accept 100% my part in these behaviors and have an idea that they are defenses to keep People away and as such have Served Me very well.
The last thing I looked at in Relation to Anger was a Daily Anger Inventory which asked several Pertinent Questions like how long the feelings lasted (seconds, minute, hours). Let’s discount the seconds [ha ha] and minutes [more ha ha ha’s] and let’s say that after one particular nasty incident at work 36 hours of flat out Obsessive Fury took place followed by Simmering Anger and Resentment from June til about December.
So I will be taking all of these as Life Threatening behaviors to be Addressed ASAP with immediate action on the way I speak to the People!

No comments:

Post a Comment